For Your Furry Friends!
It's time to talk about PETS! And YES! You can use oils with your pets!
How To Use Essential Oils on Your Pets
A Learning Process: There are many ways you can use oils on your pets, and every pet has their own preferences. Some may prefer topical application over-ingestion, and some may prefer diffusion. It is all about learning and seeing what works best for your furry friends.
Listen to Your Pet: Sometimes, if your pet is resisting the application of the essential oil, it may not be the oil they are resisting, but just the way you are trying to use it. So switch up your methods and see what they prefer.
Start Slow: When first starting out, it is not good to “overwhelm” your pet with a ton of different essential oils at once. Start out with two to three oils diluted and in small amounts. When you feel your pet is doing well with first few oils, you can slowly increase amounts and types!
Exceptions: There are always exceptions to the “rules,” especially when dealing with the more urgent situations where you may need to apply oils quickly and in higher quantities.
Quick Tips For Pets
- Dilute essential oils with a carrier oil
- Animals are all unique and so will respond differently
- Keep in mind that animals are more sensitive than humans
- Keep oils out of your pet’s eyes, nose, and ear canals
- Extra dilution should be used with citrus oils
- Start slow and build your way up
- Don’t rush and don’t push
- Get a reference book
- Use cautiously with young, old, or pregnant pets
You dilute oils for yourself and your kids, so naturally, you’ll want to dilute oils for your pets. Here’s a nifty ratio chart, feel free to save to your phone for future reference!
Pet Dilution Reference Guide
Horses: Minimal to no dilution
Dogs Less than 50lbs: 50-75% dilution
More than 50 lbs: 25-50% dilution
Cats: 75-90% dilution
Birds: 90-95% dilution
Animal Scents Oil Blends
Young Living knows how much we adore our pets and so they made a line of pure, safe, and convenient products specifically for them!
- Supports healthy digestion
- A blend of Ginger, Peppermint, Spearmint, Anise, Cumin, Rosemary, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass and Patchouli essential oils
- Supports proper blood flow
- Maintain the healing process
- A blend of Geranium, Lavender, Frankincense, Hyssop, Myrrh and Hinoki essential oils
- Help your animal move past emotional blocks that may have come from different types of abuse, and support a new level of emotional freedom and joy.
- A blend of Tangerine, Lavender, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, German Chamomile, Frankincense, Valerian, Ylang Ylang, Black Spruce, Geranium, Davana, Orange, Rue, Angelica, Helichrysum, Hyssop, Spanish Sage, Lemon, Patchouli, Coriander, Blue Tansy, Bergamot, Rose, Lemon, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, and Palmarosa essential oils.
- When a pet is under stress or injured, they can be prone to infection.
- Support for pet’s immune system!
- A blend of Myrrh, Patchouli, Dorado Azul, Palo Santo, Ecuador Oregano, and Ocotea essential oils
- For pets that enjoy playing outside and like to bring the outside inside.
- Fend off bugs, naturally
- A blend of Citronella, Idaho Tansy, Palo Santo, and Tea Tree
- Helps improve the healing process of wounds
- A blend of Patchouli, Lavender, Mountain Savory, Cistus, Palo Santo, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle
Animal Scents Ointment
A protective, soothing salve designed specifically for external use on animals.
Animal Scents Dental Pet Chew
Tasty treats that support oral health with specially designed ridges that gently remove buildup on your pet’s teeth.
Animal Scents Shampoo
Cleans, conditions, and protects your pet’s coat without harmful ingredients.