In 1976, Congress passed the Toxic Substance Control Act which grandfathered in between 63,000 - 100,000 chemicals that were on the market. These chemicals were grandfathered in, without any testing, and are simply unregulated. Today, only about 50% of the chemicals on the market have been subject to any chemical testing at all. Under this Act, manufacturers are protected by trade secret laws, so that they do not even have to post what ingredients are in their products. If you go look at a bottle of household cleaner, you may be surprised to see that they only list a small percentage of ingredients in the bottle.
There are so many ingredients to be aware of due to carcinogenic properties: Alcohol, Aluminum, DEA/TEA, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, TALC, Parabens, and more. These are found in so many common household products and should be avoided as much as possible for more healthy alternatives.
- The quality of air inside homes is 5-7 times more toxic than outdoor air quality.
- It takes 26 seconds for chemicals in your personal products to enter your bloodstream.
- Consumer household cleaning product sales were over $7.3 Billion in 2007.
- Thanks to consumer awareness, the sales growth is slowing down! This could be due to the push in chemical free cleaning, and DIY, natural cleaning, like essential oils!
Scary, huh? Don't worry! We are going to show you how to replace household conventional cleaning products with scary ingredient lists with DIY, natural, products, and essential oils!
Join us, won't you, in replacing toxic junk little by little, month by month, step by step–either with ready-made YL products or with things we can make ourselves with oils. We have that option! Come on, ya'll. Instead of $100 at Target on things that poison our families, let's spend that money on good things that we know is right for our tiny people!
Thieves Household Cleaner
Hands down my favorite Thieves product is the Thieves Household Cleaner. It stretches FOREVER and is so versatile and useful. Like a really good friend.
Thieves Household Cleaner is a natural and healthy catch-all product that can serve as a replacement for some cleansers with problematic ingredients you may currently have in your house. This is a green, ecologically friendly, plant-based cleaner containing Thieves essential oil blend plus additional therapeutic-grade lemon oil for extra cleaning power. This is an all purpose cleaner! It's made with 100% plant- and mineral-based ingredients, including:
- Vegetable-based surfactants like alkyl polyglucoside that are compliant with Green Seal and EPA Design for Environment (DfE) standards
- Biodegradable cutting agents like sodium methyl 2-sulfolaurate and disodium 2-sulfolaurate from renewable sources (both ingredients rated 0 on a 10 point scale on the Environmental Working Group's health hazard score–which is the best score possible)
- Therapeutic-grade Thieves and Lemon essential oils (the highest quality and purity essential oils) for natural cleaning
Fact: A bottle of Thieves Cleaner will last for MONTHS!
So you totally save time and money by buying one cleaning product. You won't have to make trips to multiple stores or order from multiple online sources. Thieves Household Cleaner is an all-in-one cleaning product that will replace most, if not all, of your household cleaners. And it is. the. bomb.
Thieves Household Cleaner is a concentrate. For most all-purpose cleaning, dilute 30 parts of water to 1 part of Thieves Household Cleaner. That breaks down to one 64oz bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate equals about 128 all-purpose spray bottles (30oz each) for about $0.88/bottle. That's cheaper than most "all-natural" cleaners on the market! Woo!