Welcome to The Young Oilers Newsletter
Welcome to the April 2018 Young Oilers team newsletter! We may be small, but we are mighty! Some of the topics include, Essential Rewards Promotions for the month, new products, Facebook groups, Business Building opportunities and goals and new online classes! Our family has been truly blessed by the Young Living Essential Oils and I pray that all of you continue to experience the same blessings. Please take a few moments to absorb all that is below. Come back to it often.
You are loved,
We have ONE main hub with all of our information, education, links to sign up and so much more! Take the time to visit all of the pages. My favorite one is the Community page with your pictures and soon to be bios (that I will need) And the neat GET YOUR KIT FROM OLIVIA button! That's right friends, I've made it SO easy for you to share your sign up link with your friends and family. :)
GET TO KNOW THE PREMIUM STARTER KIT
With so many products to choose from for your baby, why Seedlings? As a parent or caregiver, you are constantly making decisions. It can be so overwhelming, let alone time consuming! Where do you find time to research the best products for your baby?
When we developed the Seedlings line, we took the guesswork out of this overwhelming process. You don’t have to worry about whether the products you’re using on your little ones are pure or sourced from authentic suppliers—Young Living’s Seed to Seal commitment has done that for you. Our years of research and development, along with our standard for unparalleled quality, lets you know that you are choosing products you can trust.
The entire Seedlings™ by Young Living is:
• Young Living’s Seed to Seal® commitment
• Dermatologist tested
• Non-greasy; perfect for everyday use
• Vegan friendly
• 100 percent naturally derived ingredients
• Formulated without toxins
These products were formulated with a baby’s delicate skin in mind and use natural, plant-based ingredients. The line is hypoallergenic, and all of the products are vegan friendly, except for the OTC Diaper Rash Cream, which uses beeswax as an emollient to create a hydrating barrier; it is, however, vegetarian friendly. The topical products in the Seedlings line have also been dermatologist tested and pediatrician reviewed.
Seedlings is infused with a proprietary blend made especially for little ones—although everyone seems to love it! Young Living’s Calm scent blend has a base of Lavender essential oil and includes Coriander, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, and furocoumarin-free Bergamot—which means there is no UV warning associated with this blend, so it’s safe to use on your baby before taking him or her outdoors.
The entire Seedlings line is formulated without:
• Synthetic preservatives
• Synthetic fragrances
• Synthetic colorants or dyes
These ingredients are very common in commercial baby products, and many of them are harmful and have been known to have negative effects on our bodies.
Being a parent or caretaker is the hardest job! Throughout the course of parenthood, a lot of things happen that are completely out of your control. Something you can control is what you use to care for your baby. It has been said, “There is no way to be a perfect parent, but there are a million ways to be a good one.” Choosing to care for your little ones with products that are formulated to be pure, gentle, and without toxins is a great way to ensure that you’re picking one of the “million ways” to be a good parent!
CHECK OUT THE IMAGES BELOW TO SEE ALL OF THE SEEDLINGS PRODUCTS, AND THE NEW LOWER PRICES! GREAT GIFTS FOR MAMAS!
SAVVY MINERALS MAKEUP
Filled with our perfectly pure mineral makeup, it’s the optimal kit for creating fresh, versatile looks. New enrollees can choose from four options, with shades selected to complement an expansive range of skin tones.
You may even want to enhance your own collection with this new kit!
** All members will be able to purchase each of the 4 kits per month ( one each per account).
1 misting spray
1 foundation brush
5 ml lavender oil
wording from YL
( there will be 4 kits available based around 4 different foundation colors)
Every Savvy Minerals product was carefully crafted so you can feel fabulous about yourself and what you’re putting on your skin. Products developed with an unwavering standard of purity and quality, giving you a full variety of naturally derived products made without cheap fillers or synthetics—and that’s a beautiful thing!
If you haven't scanned your makeup with the Think Dirty app- do it! You are WORTH making this switch!
A few fun facts:
-Savvy Minerals are free from: talc, lead, bismuth, mineral oil, lead, mercury, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, and synthetic colorants!
-Savvy Minerals are made in the USA (the brushes are made in Italy).
-Savvy Minerals are cruelty-free, gluten-free, and mostly vegan (the lipsticks and lip glosses have beeswax, so they are not considered vegan).
-Savvy Minerals by Young Living uses Arrowroot Powder and Kaolin Clay. Both are calming to the skin, help to absorb excess oil and moisture on the skin and make the skin feel silky smooth. This is important because most mineral makeup uses bismuth, which is a metal mineral that
- when worked into the pores - aggravates the pores and causes irritation and breakouts.
-Savvy Minerals last ALL DAY LONG… seriously, ALL DAY LONG! You’ll look as fresh at midnight as you did at 9 AM!
You can't put a price tag on health.
HEAVENLY THIEVES LAUNDRY SOAP
So you ditched your yucky stuff.
What do you replace it with?
The key is to realize how little you need to use. Then it lasts forever, is so cost effective, and is much better for our washing machines.
We are ruining our washing machines by using too much detergent which is a very expensive fix. That's also why they start smelling gross. Especially HE machines need tiny amount of detergent in each load.
"After trying many, many different types of bio-based or plant-based detergents, I was so thrilled when this new detergent I got my hands on last year came onto the market. I had high hopes that since it was made by Young Living (where I get my essential oils and just about every other personal or home care product I use), it would be really good. And wow. It did NOT disappoint.
Thieves Laundry Soap is plant-based and is as pure and natural as a detergent is going to get—plus it contains the most powerful essential oils on the planet that not only make it smell amazing, but really help to get things clean. I mean, I use Thieves for cleaning literally everything in my house, and now they’ve made the best detergent I’ve ever tried out of the stuff
This little compact bottle does 64 loads of laundry, instead of your typical 32.
It’s 6x concentrated, so a little goes a long way.
I love that it’s not so cumbersome like those giant jugs of detergent, and doesn’t take up a ton of space in your laundry room. And IT. WORKS.
Stains come out, whites don’t get dingy, dirty little toddler clothes actually come out CLEAN.
I can’t believe how well it works with only needing to use such a small amount. Like, it is bizarre.
Let me walk you through all the ingredients, which they clearly label on the bottle, by the way—I didn’t have to google a safety data sheet just to find it out.
I’ve also included each of these ingredients’ ratings on the EWG Skin Deep site—this is a database where thousands of products and also individual ingredients have been rated for their safety or toxicity. The ratings are on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the least toxic and 10 being the most toxic. A score of 1-2 is considered the lowest possible hazard and very safe. Every single one of these ingredients found in their database ranks in that very safe category.
- Water: Obviously some amount of water is necessary to make a liquid. 😉
- Decyl glucoside: A plant-derived nonionic surfactant (cleaning agent) that biodegrades easily. Rated a 1 on EWG.
- Sodium oleate: Derived from olive oil, an ingredient that helps control suds/foaminess. Biodegradable and rated a 2 on EWG.
- Glycerin: Used to stabilize the natural cleaning enzymes. Rated a 2 on EWG.
- Caprylyl glucoside: Another plant-derived surfactant that biodegrades easily. Rated a 1 on EWG.
- Lauryl glucoside: Another plant-derived surfactant that biodegrades easily. Rated a 1 on EWG.
- Sodium chloride: That would be simple table salt. It affects the viscosity/thickness of the liquid.
- Sodium gluconate: A plant-derived anionic surfactant that biodegrades easily. Rated a 1 on EWG.
- Carboxymethyl cellulose: A plant-derived thickener and stabilizer. Rated a 1 on EWG.
- Alpha-amaylase, Protease, Lipase: These are all natural enzymes, which are very effective at breaking down organic particles that make up the stains and dirtiness on your clothes. Without enzymes, your clothes won’t be getting nearly as clean. These enzymes are 100% naturally-derived and are completely biodegradable.
- Citrus Limon† (Jade lemon) peel oil, Citrus aurantium bergamia† (Bergamot) peel oil (Furocoumarin-free), Syzygium aromaticum† (Clove) bud oil, Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil, Cinnamomum zeylanicum† (Cinnamon) bark oil, Eucalyptus radiata† oil, Rosmarinus officinalis† (Rosemary) leaf oil: All the beautiful, purer-than-pure Young Living essential oils that were carefully chosen for their cleansing and purifying properties. Also, they smell unbelievably DELICIOUS.
What it DOESN’T have:
- Optical brighteners: These are chemical ingredients that are added to most laundry detergents. They reflect light in a way that makes clothes appear brighter and whiter. It’s basically an optical illusion, that comes at a price. Optical brighteners can survive the waste water treatment plants and make their way into lakes and streams, polluting the water and causing harm to algae and fish, where they can bioaccumulate. Optical brighteners may also cause skin irritation and an allergic response in some people.
- Sodium laurel sulphate (SLS): You’ve probably heard of this ingredient before, as so many companies are now claiming their products are free of this potentially carcinogenic ingredient. In my research of ingredients in other supposedly “natural” laundry detergents, I found SLS in MANY of them—actually in ALL of the other plant-based brands I listed above. They claim that it is plant-derived and therefore safe, but the laws are so loose on what can be considered bio-based, that I don’t know if this is trustworthy or not. If you try to avoid SLS in your home, I’d highly recommend Thieves instead.
- Artificial fragrance: Duh. Of course the only fragrance in Thieves Laundry Soap is Thieves and other pure essential oils from Young Living. Synthetic fragrances can contain hundreds of chemicals with unknown toxicity and potential carcinogens.
- Water softeners: I noticed that the Thieves Laundry Soap doesn’t contain any mineral-based water softeners. So, if you have moderately-to-significantly hard water, you probably want to add a simple water softener like Borax (I recommend vinegar instead) to prevent mineral buildup. It’s cheap, effective, and totally natural.
Let's hear it! Who loves their Thieves Laundry Soap???
If you haven't enrolled in Essential Rewards yet, I strongly recommend it!
Essential Rewards SIMPLIFIED
You may have heard the term, Essential Rewards, floating around and there is a very good reason why.
Enjoy the convenience of an automatic monthly shipment! THIS takes one more thing off of your todo list! [YES PLEASE] Just set up your order and kick back while all of your favorite products are sent right to your doorstep, month after month!
This is the real kicker….Not only do you get 24% off already as a MEMBER of Young Living, but when you join ER, you also get an additional percentage back ON EVERY ORDER! 10% right away then 20% back on everything just a few months after you join.
- The FIRST THREE months that you are an ER member, you earn 10% back on your ER orders. So if you place a 100PV order, you earn 10PV ($10) in points to buy free oils and products, which is like getting everything you buy at 10% off.
- Months 4 THROUGH 24 you earn 20% back on your ER orders. So if you place a 100PV order, you will earn 20PV ($20) in points to buy free oils and products. That’s just $100 for $120 worth of products.
- Months 25 AND ONWARD you earn 25% back on your ER orders. So if you place a 100PV order, you will earn 25PV ($25) in points to buy free oils and products. That’s just $100 for $125 worth of products!
Hang on, because there is still more!!!
Every month, Young Living will give a set of free oils with qualifying orders depending on what is spent. They are called the Monthly Promotions and we always have them listed in this newsletter!
Let me tell you these are such a fun surprise. And most likely the promos will be:
1) Something you already needed to buy or will eventually need
2) Something you've been wanting to try
or 3) Something you'd never think to buy but might fall in love with anyway!!! (this has happened to me a lot and is so much fun)
Signing up for ER is SUPER simple and can be done in your Virtual Office at youngliving.com. Let us know if we can help you!!
If you already are buying every month (while this program is completely optional), you will get all those amazing perks!
APRIL 2018 PROMOS
Get to know this months promo products!
Basil Vitality Essential Oil
Basil Vitality oil (Ocimum basilicum) has a sweet, warm scent and flavor. This herb is found in a variety of dishes and is popular in both Asian and European cooking. With Basil Vitality™ essential oil, it’s easy to add this well-loved seasoning to whatever you like. Using an essential oil, you’ll get a brighter flavor than dried herbs without the hassle of fresh herbs.
Young Living’s Basil Vitality essential oil pairs well with savory foods, but you can also add its sweet, slightly peppery flavor to any meal. Try Basil Vitality oil with sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood. Or try a sweet concoction like basil-strawberry lemonade. If you want a lighter basil flavor in your dish, dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it in your preparations.
Some uses for Basil:
- Flavor your favorite pasta sauce recipes with Basil Vitality. Add Rosemary Vitality or Oregano Vitality for even more flavor.
- Add to deli salads, Asian- or Italian-inspired soups, and custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes to share with family and friends.
- Boil pasta noodles in basil-infused water for a subtle flavor.
- Pair with lime juice and melons, such as watermelon and cantaloupe, for a fresh summer treat. For a more complex flavor profile, garnish with feta.
- Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea Tree oil, also known as Melaleuca alternifolia or Melaleuca oil, is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils, making it a must-have for every home. Because the benefits of Tea Tree oil include cleansing properties and a refreshing scent, this versatile oil can be used for everything from home cleaning solutions to skin care.
Keep a bottle of Tea Tree essential oil in your house to make homemade household cleaners, air fresheners, and linen spritzers. You can also find Tea Tree oil uses in your personal care and beauty routine. Incorporate this moisturizing yet cleansing oil into skin care applications and hair treatments for a spa-quality upgrade!
Some uses for Tea Tree:
- Add to water in a small spritz bottle to refresh linens and towels.
- Diffuse to combat stale or offensive odors in the home.
- Combine with citrus scents such as Lemon or Lemongrass to create a natural deodorant.
- Use Tea Tree’s cleansing properties for homemade soaps and moisturizers.
- Apply to skin as part of your nighttime routine.
- Comb through hair for added shine and freshness.
Fennel Essential Oil
Fennel essential oil (Foeniculum vulgare) is steam distilled from the crushed seeds of the fennel plant. The leafy herb is native to regions of southern Europe and Asia Minor, but it has since naturalized in locations around the world. Fennel has a rich aroma reminiscent of anise, which gives Fennel oil its licorice-like scent. Although the seeds and oil are used in flavoring, fennel’s complex aroma has also made it popular in soaps, candles, and perfumes.
There are many Fennel essential oil uses, but the oil is popularly used for aromatic applications. Its sweet, spicy aroma has a long history of encouraging grounding feelings, making it an important part of Young Living’s Dragon Time™ Massage Oil and Prenolone® Plus Body Cream.
Some uses for Fennel Essential Oil:
- Diffuse at work or while studying to create a grounded environment.
- Reduce the appearance of pores by applying a neutral facial toner and 1–2 drops Fennel on freshly washed skin.
- Use Fennel’s cleansing benefits by adding a few drops to a gentle facial cleanser.
Dryer Balls w/ YL Bag
Freshen your day and your laundry with the Young Living Dryer Balls. Add one to three drops of your favorite essential oil (like Lemongrass) to one of the dryer balls. Put all of them in the dryer to freshen up the laundry and speed up dry time.
Allerzyme is a vegetarian enzyme complex that promotes digestion.
Take 1 capsule three times daily just prior to all meals or as needed. Indications: For the relief of occasional symptoms such as fullness, pressure, bloating, gas, pain, and/or minor cramping that may occur after eating. Do not give this product to children under 12 years of age except under the supervision of a doctor.
Warning: Do not give to children under 12 years of age except under the supervision of a doctor. If symptoms persist, discontinue use of this product and consult your physician.
Keep in a cool dry place. Do not expose to excessive heat or direct sunlight. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician.
We’re ready for a clean slate! Our Satin Facial Scrub™, Mint has a new, 100 percent naturally derived formula that’s designed to gently polish skin to reveal a glowing, radiant look. This reformulated scrub now features exfoliating apricot seed POWDER, raspberry fruit extract and mango seed butter, and the fresh scent and invigorating feel of Peppermint essential oil.
Size: 2 oz.
Wholesale Price: $16.75
Retail Price: $22.04
How to Order: order in Virtual Office under Personal Care > Facial Care
Why was Satin Facial Scrub, Mint reformulated?
Young Living is always looking for ways to improve our products. We saw an opportunity to make this product 100 percent naturally derived, and the new formula better fits our vision and the needs of our members.
What are the differences between the two formulas?
We have removed soy proteins, wheat and synthetic vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) from the formula and have also added raspberry fruit extract (to act as an antioxidant), and apricot seed (as a natural exfoliant). These additions have also changed the texture and consistency of the product for a more gentle and moisturizing experience. The tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate remain and are derived from non-GMO soy, but don't contain the soy proteins.
What are reasons to use the new formula (suggested product claims)?
Removes dead skin cells on the surface of the skin
Evens the appearance of skin tone
Smooths and softens skin texture
Improves the appearance of dull skin
Reveals brighter, healthier-looking skin
Promotes glowing, radiant skin
Exfoliates to help products applied afterward (toner, lotions, etc.) absorb more easily
Doesn’t strip or dry out skin
Is formulated with naturally derived exfoliants
Provides noticeable improvement after just one use
Has an invigorating and cooling effect from Peppermint essential oil
Is formulated without sulfates or parabens
Is appropriate for oily to dry skin.
It's time to share your passion essential oils with others! We don't SELL anything. We SHARE our love for these amazing products!
The Young Oilers April Challenge
Team Goal: 10 new people (members and/or business builders)
Individual Goal: up to you! Set your eyes on the prize!
Did you know that for EVERY SINGLE PERSON who signs up as a member with Young Living & a PSK, you receive $50? And, then when that member begins ordering on a monthly basis, you will begin earning a commission? We all want that extra Starbucks money right? I'll be sharing a LOT more with you about how to get involved in the business and never have to SELL anything!
Here's a quick glimspe of the incredible earning potential we have with Young Living. Take a look at the Income Disclosure Statement
Thank you for joining us on this amazing journey of Wellness, Abundance and Purpose!
You are loved,